Pages

Pictures from Guatemala

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sorry I didn't make a fancy slide show for this trip. I figured I'd post a few of my favorite/ the most meaningful pictures with descriptions of each. That way you can click on them to enlarge and ask questions if you have any!

One Hundred USD was worth over 700 Quetzals
The children there were beautiful
We are all Humans
Graffiti for a political group
Sunset over the lake
Boat on the water
A Fisherman
Mayan-Catholic Saints
This used to be a Mayan temple. When the Spanish came they knocked down the temple and built their own, but left the steps.
A memorial for an American priest who was killed by the Guatemalan government
An organization that seeks to find missing people from the war and fights for social justice (This group is largely responsible for the investigations of mass graves)
A Mass Grave
Graffiti on a building formerly owned by the United Fruit Company
A Wall of Missing People
Visiting the Mayan Ruins in Tikal
Star Wars Buffs would understand
A band playing in the park in Antigua

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, i am Roger Espinoza.

I really enjoyed viewing your pictures becasue I have been to Guatemala 4 times. I was born in the neighboring country of Honduras and all your pictures are very familiar to me. The reason why I really enjoyed this pictures was because I have not gone back in 9 years, and seeing my kind of culture once again was really cool.

Bobbie Jo said...

Hi Roger, glad you enjoyed the pictures! Central America is a beautiful place and very rich in culture. I hope we both get the opportunity to make it back there!

Stat Counter

Search This Blog