Pages

Enchanted Castle

Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm sure you've all been wondering where I've been this past week, maybe even a little worried. Fear not, I didn't get lost in the woods or eaten by a bear-- I can't even claim that I was trapped in a car due to an overwhelming snowfall. In fact, we don't have any snow in the valley at the moment, although I've heard rumors of it coming this week.
Third Floor Lounge

So where have I been? Midterms aside, I've been busy preparing for Halloween! As you may or may not know, Steamboat is a resort town and many of the houses around here are winter houses/condos that people don't live in year round. How sad would it be if as a child you went trick-or-treating and most of the doors you knocked on were vacant? Steamboat's solution: The Enchanted Castle. Each year CMC students and faculty decorate the dorms, put on a mini carnival with games and prizes, and open up rooms up for trick-or-treating. I was part of the carnival committee. Our day started with decorating at 10am, and ended around 9 o'clock at night with clean up and free wings. Overall I think it was a complete success. For the sake of privacy I'm not going to post any pictures of the little kids on here but they were incredibly adorable!
Contest Entrants
Friday, which was Halloween day, the school hosted a costume contest. There were some really creative ideas, like Where Is Waldo and a CMC Cheerleader. Not surprisingly, Jack Sparrow took it home as he did an excellent job of both dressing and acting the part.
Tamara and I

I spent the rest of Friday in Breckenridge for a friend's birthday. A group of us decided we were going to get a hotel down there for a mini vacation. Let me just say, Breckenridge does nothing but first class. The cheapest place we could find was $100/night and it was very fancy. There were no chain hotels in sight so we ended up paying a little more than planned, but we definitely enjoyed our stay there. As we walked to dinner we realized that it's a very spirited town, everyone on the street was dressed in costume. Sunday I got a ride down to A-Basin and went snowboarding, the perfect way to end a week. Overall it was a hectic week, but completely worth it in the end.

0 comments:

Stat Counter

Search This Blog