Pages

Welcome Back

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Classes have officially started.

On Monday I was not so excited about this because I felt like my summer ended too soon. I guess that's what happens when you decide to take summer classes, so I can't blame anyone but myself. As I attended class after class my excitement began to build as I realized how interesting my course schedule is this semester. I'm taking 18 credits which include Astronomy 1, Masterpieces of Literature, Intro to Political Science, General Psychology, Ethics, Intro to Fly-fishing, and Avalanche Safety 1.

You may have noticed I am not taking any Ski Business related classes this semester. This is because I'm trying to knock out my most difficult classes in attempt to get my AA degree. Hopefully I'll be able to take a lighter course load next semester and enjoy the winter a little more. Many of these classes are requirements for the AA degree and can be used as electives for my Ski Business degree.

I'm most excited for Ethics with Pam Burwell. This will be her first time teaching it so it should be interesting. I had her as a professor for Philosophy during the Spring semester last year and loved it. She is a great teacher because she can put really difficult concepts into prospective and always has great stories to tell. I also think this class will help me decide if I want to major in Ethics at a four year University once I'm done with CMC.

I'm also stoked about Fly-fishing. It's a one credit class that includes two lecture classes and three days of camping and fishing. I'm excited to once again be trying something new. It's something completely random that I would have never seen myself doing before I moved out here. And the best part is I can skip the yoga and pilates because it helps fill my physical eduation requirements!

The class I am most nervous about is Astronomy 1. Everyone I've talked to says it's a very difficult class. Apparently it's a lot more work than most classes offered here, but everyone that's made it through claims it was worth it. I've heard Jimmy Westlake is a great teacher. Astronomy truly is his passion so I know I'll be learning from the best. He even has an column in the Steamboat Pilot!

All in all it should be a great semester. I'll be sure to get back to everyone who reads this about fly-fishing sometime next week because the trip is this weekend!

0 comments:

Stat Counter

Search This Blog