Pages

I saw an Elk!

Monday, September 28, 2009

This morning I woke up around 6am to head to Denver. My friend Ryan flew to NY for the weekend to surprise his Dad at his 50th birthday party and I agreed to pick him up at 9am. After stopping at The Bean for some caffeine I began the journey to Denver International Airport. Around 7am I began my way up Rabbit Ears Pass with the sun rising. I was thinking about the classes I'd be missing and the test I had to take later in the day when low and behold, standing on the side of the road was an elk! I know this is not something a typical driver wants to see because danger may ensue if he decides to run out into the middle of the road but I was thrilled. After living in the mountains for over a year I finally saw a real live wild elk! For obvious reasons I was unable to snap a photo, but I want to share with everyone that I will now cross this off my list of "Things I want to do in Colorado".

0 comments:

Stat Counter

Search This Blog