Pages

Rally Car Races

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Last weekend was a big deal for the town of Steamboat Springs. You could hear engines revving everywhere you went because the Rally Races came to town. Although my knowledge of cars is minimal and awareness of celebrities is even lesser, I decided to check it out. Unfortunately the only event I was able to attend was the opening ceremonies where the riders got to show off their cars and everyone got a chance to meet them. This is where I snapped a photo with Travis Pastrana, possibly one of the biggest names in motor action sports. I'll admit I've seen his show Nitro Circus a couple of times but until this weekend I knew little about him. Apparently he used to be into motocross and retired from that when he became the first person to attempt a double back flip in the X games. Now he travels the country doing Rally Racing and has won the cup for the past few years. I was unable to see the actual races because I had to work, but my friend Mariah volunteered at them and got some great shots! Enjoy...

Chris, Me, Travis Pastrana and Mariah
This one was by far the cutest car at the show
My favorite car in actionAnother sweet shotThe pit crew doin' work

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi bobbie. dad is a dork

Anonymous said...

very good job ! the phone is ringing,it could be you gotta go .........

Stat Counter

Search This Blog