Pages

"New" Car

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

After living in Steamboat for over a year I've decided to purchase a car. It's not that you actually need one in this town but it does make things more convenient, I was really starting to dread the half hour bike ride to work at 5:30am. Thankfully, my friends Jordan and Mike accompanied me to check out vehicles listed in the classifieds for under $2000. Without them I would have been lost due to my limited knowledge of anything automobile. Jordan and I wound up finding a 91 Honda Accord Station Wagon. It's old and defiantly screams "college student" but I love it. The seats fold down which will be great for taking skis and boards to the mountain and the previous owner gave me snow tires. It might not be the ideal "new" car, but it if it gets my from point A to point B that's all that really matters!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea i plan on coming out that way either after christmas or next fall i have a honda civic and wondering do i need a suv or does snow tires do the trick for you.

Bobbie Jo said...

An SUV is great but you don't need one. You'll be good with snow tires around town. There are chain laws when the passes get bad... you'll need 4 wheel drive or chains to drive on them when there's a snow storm.

Stat Counter

Search This Blog