Pages

Ultimate Chilli Cook-Off

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Chili is a pretty simple concept right? You throw some beans, meat and chili sauce into crock pot, let it sit for a few hours and voila. At least I thought it was that simple, until I was entered into the first ever Colorado Mountain College Chili Cook-off. Having never made chili before I had no idea what my friend Justin and I were in for. Turns out it takes a couple hours of preparation including onion chopping, pepper slicing and lots of cooking. With about twelve entrants and plenty of hungry taste testers the event was an overall success. We had everything from Vegetable Chili to Homemade Elk Chili. Joe's Green Chili came out on top which wasn't too surprising considering he was the winner of Steamboat's summer chili-cook off. Congrats Joe!

0 comments:

Stat Counter

Search This Blog