Pages

Visits from afar

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Last week turned out to be a special treat because my parents and little sister came to visit me. I was able to get a few days off work to spend time with them. Since they've never been here we decided to go see as many things as we could. If you are a new student coming out in August or simply coming to visit, here are some of my favorite things to do in Steamboat!

My family flew in late Sunday night and I eagerly awaited their arrival. After what seemed like an eternity they called me to tell me they were outside. I was quite excited to see we'd be rolling around in style all week, as my dad decided to rent an H2

The first day we walked around town and checked out all of the shops on Main Street. We stopped at Johnny B. Goods to enjoy some of the best milkshakes in town. Corrie, my younger sister, and I decided to see who could drink them the fastest. (Can you say cold headache?)
The next day we tubed the Yampa. We put in at the Mt. Werner exit and got out right after C-hole. Unfortunately, the water is getting low so it may be hard to go that far but C-hole is always fun to go through.
After a lazy day in the sun my parents went on a wagon ride/ dinner at Saddleback Ranch. They said the food was amazing, the hosts were entertaining and the views were awesome.

Wednesday we went to the Strawberry Park Hot Springs. I had never been there during the day before and couldn't believe how many people were there. The hot tubs were a little too hot considering the weather, but my dad and sister had fun playing in the creek.

Thursday I had to work SOAR II, the orientation for incoming students. I sent my family to Fish Creek Falls which they really enjoyed.

After that they took a ride up the gondola. Then we met up at the Old Town Hot Springs for one last relaxing night in town. We ate breakfast the next morning at the Creekside Cafe, a great place to get breakfast or lunch. The week flew by, and I was sad to see them go, but overall it was a great time!

0 comments:

Stat Counter

Search This Blog