Pages

Captain Planet

Monday, November 2, 2009

This Halloween I decided to honor one of my all time favorite childhood heroes. Forget finding clues and interactive dance along shows, when I was a kid I was all about Captain Planet. I mean I think it's pretty cool that this guy was showing us how to take care of our planet before it became a huge political issue and a way for corporate companies to promote themselves. And rather than making us feel guilty about being wasteful he educated us on ways to live more sustainable lives. Forget learning conventions and sustainability classes, Captain Planet did it all in a half an hour kids series!

Unfortunately I couldn't find enough people to be planeteers, but here's a photo of my friends dressed as Mario, Zombies and a Pumpkin!



It was a pretty mellow Halloween this year. I went to CMC's bowling night on the 30th followed by broom ball. On the 31st my friends and I handed out hot cider to trick-or-treaters at the Bean. The little kids were absolutely adoreable in their little costumes. We saw everything from tigers to unicorns! That was about the extent of my fun as I had to work at 6am on Sunday but it was all worth it.

Keep a look out for some videos in the near future as the CMC marketing department has recently supplied me with a camera!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Captain Planet!!!

Stat Counter

Search This Blog