Pages

Day One: Little Lost Puppy

Monday, December 21, 2009

On Wednesday I woke up around 8am, packed my car and began the hour and a half drive from Steamboat to Breckenridge. I was completely unsure of what to expect because this was my first time attending a professional ski/snowboard competition, but I knew there was only one way to find out. So I strapped on my seat belt and prayed that my two wheel drive car would make it to Breck without breaking down.

When I was about a half hour away from Breckenridge my fellow blogger Ali texted me about getting her credentials. It was reassuring to know she'd be there if i needed help with directions or anything else.

Once I arrived in Breck I got my credentials and made my way up to peak 8. I felt like a little lost puppy as I roamed around the mountain, slowly gaining more confidence as time passed. I eventually met up with Becky, another blogger and we made our way to the competition gates. All we had to do was flash our media pass and we were in. It was like having a backstage pass to a concert because we could go anywhere and meet with the athletes if we wanted. By 2:30 I was tired from the long drive and decided to call it a day.

I took this picture on my first ride up the lift... behind some Dew Tour competitors.
Here are some athletes waiting to compete


0 comments:

Stat Counter

Search This Blog